I believe that a successful project requires continuous follow-up.
This holds true for small projects as well as for multi million dollar projects;
for research projects as well as construction projects.
Some examples of what our project management services can include:
- Provide input into commercial terms such as reimbursable cost inclusions to minimize subsequent disputes.
- Ongoing detailed invoice reviews including follow-up with contractors.
- Track and report on budget, actual spending and changes in forecast for individual contracts.
- Establish procedures and controls during initial planning stages.
- Set up and manage procedures for receiving, reviewing, and approving invoices.
- Set up Chart of Accounts according to the specific needs and structure of the project.
Cost Control and Reporting:
- Define owner's scope and prepare owner's cost estimate.
- Prepare overall project description including scope, costs and
schedule to be used as a baseline for project controls.
- Prepare periodic project updates highlighting changes to scope, cost and schedule.
- Prepare monthly cost reports including: spending vs. budget; commitments; and forecast at completion.
- Track budget deviations and scope changes.
- Perform contingency tracking and analysis.
- Prepare periodic cash flow projections for management.
- Implement periodic review of project status in terms of scope, cost and schedule.
- Audit major (sub)contractors to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.